Thursday, September 15, 2011

Incredible Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Phone September 14, 2011
Reviewer:  Raven Daegmorgan "the GreyOrm"  (Northern Minnesota) -
While I vaguely wish it had the Droid 3's keypad, I am highly impressed with the speed and responsiveness of the Bionic, especially in comparison to my previous phone (the original Droid).

The camera in particular doesn't suffer from the same lag as that I found on the original Droid, and I have yet to notice any pausing or stuttering in processor-intensive apps (Angry Birds had issues for me on the original Droid, but has none with the Bionic). Apps open and close in a snap, and so on.

Screen and graphics quality is clear, even if it isn't equal to the iPod, it's quite close! I have not yet been able to test the HDMI port to stream or view media on my HD-tv from the phone, so no comments on that aspect.

It's also surprisingly light and I'm quite happy with the weight, though I keep feeling as though it is fragile because of this. I suspect this is mainly due the difference between the heft of my old Droid and the lightness of this one, and not any actual issues of durability.

The only particular complaint I have is the old "bloatware" issue: you can't uninstall the preloaded apps you will never actually use (the NFL app--not being a sports guy, seeing the little icon in my drawer and being unable to remove it annoys me--the Citrix app, the VZ apps, and a few others). Yes, there are ways around this, so while it is an annoyance, it's a minor annoyance.

Overall, I am highly impressed and quite happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment